Thursday, May 7, 2009

Just call me Super-Boob!

Late last year, I bought two new bras. Same style, different colours. Smooth, lightly padded plain front so that a clean line is obtained under t-shirts. You know what I mean- no nips showing (I hate mine showing).

Last month, I felt this sharp pain under my left boob, and discovered that somehow, the underwire had broken in two and a sharp end was poking out about two thirds of the way around the cup. Now, I don't know about you, but usually the underwire starts peeking out the end of the middle or the underarm side of the bra and usually is in one piece. So, this was a new experience to have it in two pieces, but I figured that even though I use a lingerie bag, somehow it must have got snagged in the washing machine. So, out went the bra sadly, with just the black version remaining.

So, last night, I'm watching Nicholas swim and I drop floss on the floor. I bend over to pick it up and 'snap' - there goes the underwire under my left boob. Broken again, in two. Same side.

I'm confused. The underwire is made of, well, wire. It's not plastic. So, the only conclusion I can come to, is that my left boob must be really strong. It's broken wire in two!

Now, we no longer need to use a saw or cutters to cut wire in half, I can just pop it under my left boob, and presto- cut in two. If I worked in a hardware store, I could get extra er, tips, for my wire cutting skills. And just imagine if I can get my right boob to perform something too...

6 comments:

Siobhán said...

LOL!! I've had that happen before. A shop clerk told me not to wash them in the machine if they're underwire, just hand wash them. I've cut the broken underwire out but then, umm, let's just say the girls need all the support they can get!!

Happy stitching, Super Boob!

coral said...

Aren't you just so CLEVER ...lol...

Deb said...

That is too funny. Obviously one side of you must have some kind of super strength! I've never had the problem your described - it usually comes out near the underarm. And I know that you would certainly get some attention if you took your special skills to the hardware store! LOL

Heather said...

So funny! I wear underwire bras all the time, and I've never had one break. And I do wash them in the machine all the time, but I don't put them in the drier. So weird.

Suzie said...

LOL That is so funny, and at the same time. . .ouch!! Poke poke! Pinch, pinch!

Now. . have you considered branching out? How are you on cracking walnuts or hazelnuts? And, if you can crush ice, you'd be a big hit at parties!

I'm sure that there are other uses for your talent that we haven't thought of yet! lol

Chiloe said...

You may be hired for a commercial if you can break nuts ;-)